Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Collectibles: Vintage Emilio Pucci

DSC_0038 copy

DSC_0040 copy
vintage pucci top, zara skirt, linea pelle belt via tj maxx,
tommy hilfiger booties, bcbg bag

DSC_0056 copy
The print is a bit different in the back!

I got this shirt as a gift from my wonderful friend Jessie about two years ago. I remember it was the first time I had gone to her apartment and while scouring her closet, she pulled out this top and said I should have it. It is vintage Pucci and had belonged to her grandmother, a former model. I was thrilled to have received such a lovely gift, but at the time, wasn't really brave enough to wear it out in all its glory. For a midwestern college girl, the fabulous Pucci print was not too practical, but Jessie's intuition knew this was a "Sylvia" top, and with no doubt, I proudly wear it now.

It actually had it's first go-around when I was in Madrid. I learned a lot about fashion and especially street wear in Madrid. It is a much more glamorous place, in terms of style, than Chicago was, and it made me feel a lot more confident to make brave choices in what I wear. I mean, you should have seen these women, rocking their furs to church and on the metro. Sadly, I couldn't find a good picture of me wearing it then but now that it's confidently placed with my collectible collection, I'm sure you'll see plenty of it in the future.

4 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! The patterns and colors together are so cute! You have a fantastic blog by the way! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love your blog..it's very pretty! my name's martina and I come from Italy...I would like you visit my blog and if you like it....follow me!I wait you and your tips!kiss kiss!^^

    There is a giveaway on my blog...why don't you partecipate? you can win an SOCUTE's accessory!http://glamourmarmalade.blogspot.com/2010/11/first-giveaway-socute.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOh la la la la!! That pucci top is just sooo fabulous! You loook stunning! Love your bloggy!
    Big kiss,
    xo Beckerman girls
    http://www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute top. I know I'd probably never have enough courage to wear it, but you pull it off really well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your thoughts. :)