Thursday, November 18, 2010

Beauty Ninja: Fight Off Frizz

phyto

My hair has never been remarkable. It's fine, usually limp, and half wavy. Half wavy, you ask? Yes. The top part seems to stay straight while the bottom likes to curl, frizz, and get all sorts of kinky. To make it all one sleek texture has proved difficult and I've tried many different products on that journey, but recently, I feel like I've hit the hair product jackpot and I wanted to share it with all of you.

Phytodefrisant by Phyto is a natural, plant-based straightening balm that does wonders to defrizz and moisturize hair. I was very pleasantly surprised that a hair product without chemicals could be this incredibly effective! I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and have found my hair to be a lot easier to style. Just apply it to damp hair and blow dry.

I've tried it on days when I want to wear my hair wavy to tame the frizz but it didn't really work as well as I wanted because it relaxed the waves. That was my only disappointment with the product as I would have liked it to do double duty. Then again, it just goes to show that it truly is a straightening balm.

It's a bit of a splurge at $32 for 5 oz* but I really think it's worth the investment. What you end up spending on the product will save you a lot of frizz frustration.

*Also available in 1.6 oz and 3.3 oz.

Don't forget, today is your last chance to win a $35 gift card to the csn.com stores! Go ahead and enter.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this product. I found it when we were in high school! I was working at Banana right next door to Sephora and I went in and told them my hair was also so frizzy and they suggested that product. I've been a user ever since. It is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah! i can't believe i havent known about it until now?!

    it really is the most amazing product. i've never been this happy with anything else. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip! My hair is a mess and I perfectly know what you mean by half wavy...

    Marie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your thoughts. :)