Remember a while back when I posted that key lime pie recipe and I was all confused about whether citrus is in season over the winter? Well, it turns out that here in California, it seems to be in season year round. Still, imagine my surprise when one average February day my boyfriend comes home with two large shopping bags full of oranges, grapefruits, and lemons; a gift from his clients who grow them at home. Immediately, I started devouring the oranges. They were the perfect combination of sweet and tangy and quite possibly, the best oranges I've ever eaten. I made juice, ate about three whole ones a day, and even brought some in to share with my coworkers. One, who built a particular obsession, would ask me daily if I brought more and still does. But then, I ran out of oranges and I had a bag full of lemons and grapefruits. Well, let's be honest, grapefruits are not the most popular thing around so they're still sitting in the bag, but the lemons? I had to start to take action. So I began, of course, with a simple lemonade.
6 cups cold water
Juice of 6 lemons
3/4 cup cane sugar
1/4 cup honey
All you have to do it dissolve the sugar and honey in a small saucepan with 1 cup of the water and let cool. Then, simply combine all the ingredients in a pitcher, mix, and ooh wee, drink up.
Now, I still have plenty left (as you can tell from my fruit bowl) so I'm thinking of baking something up this weekend or even using them to cook. I'd love some recipe suggestions from you guys! Anything particularly amazing that I NEED to make?
Let me know & happy hump day.
xo



That's such a nice gift. Your juice looks so refreshing! Hope you figure out something else to make!
ReplyDeleteI have a recipe for an amazing lemon pepper chicken... very simple yet so delicious and relatively easy! Perfect for using up about 4-6 lemons.
ReplyDelete:)
Sounds good! I love grapefruit, send those clients my way!
ReplyDeleteYUM! that sounds so refreshing. xoxo jcd
ReplyDeleteyum, i love lemonade!
ReplyDeletehttp://adorablydeliciouslp.blogspot.com/
The pictures are so cute, what a nice treat. I had to comment because I LOVE lemons, i just posted about them a few days ago!
ReplyDeleteMmmm now I'm thirsty! I cant wait for lemons to come in season here in Colorado so I can have a sip of this delightful summertime drink:)
ReplyDeletehttp://youngguccipurse.blogspot.com/
Leah
yum! i love lemonade!
ReplyDeleteyou know, i've always wanted to try making my own lemonade. as soon as lemons are back in season, i'm making this! i had no idea that you could use honey as a sweetner.
ReplyDelete