images via style.com
It's been unusually cold here in southern California these past few weeks and I'm starting to get frustrated. I did not move away from Chicago to be cold like this! No sir, I was looking for at least 65 and sunny, but sadly that is not the case. You'd think my Chicago roots would have me easily layering my wardrobe in this weather but to be honest, I purged and "California'ed" my closet when I moved so I find myself struggling to put together warm outfits. I tend to throw on my comfiest jeans and warmest sweater, grab a scarf and blazer and head out for the day.
But last Sunday, thanks to one of my fabulous idols, Cate Blanchett, I found myself scouring the Givenchy collections on style.com and couldn't help but be inspired by what they had happening for pre-fall 2011. The mix of neutral tones with subtle prints and textures had me immediately craving for the look and especially the sheer maxi skirts. So, of course, I started online shopping and I've put together a collection of affordable peices that would emulate this collection and transcend seasons, so whether its 75 and sunny or 55 and cloudy, you could mix and match and layer to your delight.
(from left to right)
What do you guys think of these looks?


i really like the sheer maxis
ReplyDeletegreat finds! i feel like you really captured the line :) xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams
ReplyDeletethe sneaky sheer. so my jam.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on finding those pieces! It really looks similar :)
ReplyDelete