On my last night home I wanted to cook my family a nice meal so I whipped up this butternut squash linguini recipe. I had originally made and tried it a few weeks ago and loved it so much I had to share. I followed this recipe that originally called for farfalle but you can really use any pasta. Because my father is such a carnivore, (seriously, he doesn't think it's a meal without meat) I wanted to add in some bacon for him to make it a bit more hearty. Simply sautee some shallots and bacon and throw it into the mix you've already created. Small addition, big difference, and manly man approved.
{cubed butternut squash}
{portobellini *i skipped the shitake for budget purposes}
{sauteed with garlic and rosemary}
{freshly grated parmesan}
{sauteed bacon and shallots}
{finished product with bacon}







mmmmmmm giiiiiirrrrrrlll!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis dish looks amazing! YUM!
ReplyDeletethis looks delicious! i would eat it without bacon since im vegetarian :)
ReplyDeletemy brother made butternut squash soup a few days ago and it was so delicious!
I love you blog! I'm new to the blogisphere as well. I'm your newest follower! And I absolutely adore that cream outfit you have on. Can't wait for more posts!
ReplyDeleteHapapy New Year!
Tamera xo
That looks so good. I really should start learning to cook. But with work and everything, it's evening before I know it. How do you find the time?
ReplyDeleteYou know, to find the time I think you really have to enjoy the cooking and the making the mistakes and trying it out. I don't cook every night, though I wish I could. I hope to at least cook 4 meals a week, and I try to keep them on the quicker side unless it's the weekend, then I could cook all day.
ReplyDelete