Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Home for the Holidays

pug_sec_co

I had grand blog plans over the holidays. Without work, I figured I'd have endless hours to take photos, edit, scour the web, write, and share. And while I have the endless hours, I much prefer to spend them moping around the house with my sister and little fat dog, wrapping presents, watching movies, and cooking for my family. It doesn't help that the snowy Chicago gloom is unmotivating in the least, either. Luckily, I picked up a little christmas present for myself this year, my very own canon eos rebel slr. Ok, so maybe it's not so little, but surely an investment. Nonetheless, I've been roaming the house taking pictures of whatever I can find. So today, I bring you some of my favorite decorations that my mom has so lovingly adorned our home with. And when the motivation kicks in, I'll post up some more. For now, I'm enjoying my holiday and I hope you understand and enjoy yours too!

pointsettias

cardinal_wreath

nativity

Some of my favorite ornaments, new & old:

owl_ornament

pug_ornament

sax_ornament
{fun fact: I played the saxophone in junior high}

gold_bird

6 comments:

  1. lovely pictures!! Love the bird in the last one :)

    xxxx

    lifeisroyalty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmygoodness! what an incredible present for yourself! love the photos so far...and don't worry, the Chicago gloom is hitting us on the east coast too ;) keep taking photos--I can't wait to see more from you! thanks for the blog love! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful decorations... hope you have a great holiday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your photos look amazing!!! so profesh!

    xoxo

    www.thecallbackcollection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great shots! lovely looking christmas and i don't blame you one bit for taking sometime to chill. it's super important not to go into overload, so good for you on taking time. and, oops, earlier in another comment i called Izzie a "he"...my bad. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your thoughts. :)