Sunday, December 5, 2010

Bring it to the Table

DSC_0815

On Saturday night, one of my coworker friends hosted an international potluck at her house and it was a great time. Everyone brought something from their country to share and it was quite the festival of flavors. I work at a bilingual cable network so there was a wide range of dishes from different Latin countries to try. I did my part by contributing some Polish crepes, known as Nalesniki, that I made for the first time on my own via this recipe. Here are a few of the other dishes.

DSC_0834
causa rellena {peru}

DSC_0842
the spread

DSC_0818
Chilean empanadas, crackers, & a variety of salsas

DSC_0821
Colombian empanadas

DSC_0839
queso fundido con chorizo de soja & homemade guacamole {mexico}

DSC_0844
gallo pinto {costa rica} & pickled jalapenos

DSC_0906
ceviche

DSC_0819
Polish Crepes aka Nalesniki

DSC_0902
macaroons

DSC_0814
chocolate pie

8 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! Everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing. I love love love chilean empanadas and macaroons. Gallo pinto I could do with out, since in Costa Rica we ate it with EVERY meal. =)

    Looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so yummy! I'm hungry now. And what a good idea for a dinner party. Although you can't tell much from looking at me, I am in fact Polish on my mom's side of the family and I actually know what Nalesniki is! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies!

    The Nalesniki were a smash hit and went like hotcakes!

    Gina! I love that you're partially Polish. I did not know that about you. Next time you're in socal we should make some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks yummy.. :D
    loves all the pictures dear :)

    love,
    shinta (rubic style)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, starving now.

    Loving your blog. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your thoughts. :)