Monday, December 13, 2010

Beats & Budget Busters

Chinatown_xmastree copy

chinatown_necklaces

T'was a very eventful weekend. On Sunday I went to the beat swap meet. It felt like summertime, it was so warm out and the vendors had set up shop through the small streets in the center of chinatown. It was like a summer street festival right before Christmas and it was lovely. Among the many records up for grabs, dj's were scratchin, emcees spittin', and there were plenty of trinkets to catch my eye.

I wore this romper that I purchased back in Chicago at Pitaya when I was there for my sister's graduation. I love the colors, the modern print, and the 70's sheen on the fabric. It's one of those things that's just fun to wear.

chinatown_jumper2

chinatown_jumper
{lush romper, vintage fendi sunnies, tommy hilfiger booties, coach watch, h&m bag}

frida_wallet
{frida kahlo wallet & felt ornament}

Fan_earrings copy
{fan earrings @ flock shop}

Among the activities going on, I managed to stumble into a fantastic little boutique called the flock shop. They have wonderful local artist-made wares, art, and accessories. Tried not to spend but picked up a soy candle and some cute sunnies. I just couldn't resist!

Print_QueenBee copy
{I NEED this print! Looks like I'll be heading back soon.}

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, I love your romper!

    Your Sunday looks like so much fun by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this romper! you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that you were able to wear that romper in december...hilarious xo

    www.thecallbackcollection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!

    Denise - I know! I've only been in LA for a year now but it still trips me out that all of a sudden it's like 80 degrees in december. it just doesn't seem normal! nonetheless, i enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the romper is EXQUISITE! enjoy the warmth for me :) xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh how jealous i am of your weather right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish it was hot where I am at right now too! The pictures are great, loving all the colors! I just found your blog and I am loving it!

    xo
    http://flordemariafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the romper, it's super cute!

    -Samantha

    http://thisfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your thoughts. :)