{blouse via francesca's collections, j brand houlihan cargos, boots from madrid, italian glass bead necklace}
I've been floating around the city these past two days, catching up with friends before I head back to LA and browsing in boutiques I wish I would have known of before I moved. And though it's not rather warm, I stole this top from my sister, who is super fabulous though a lot more girly in her sense of style, and wore it with my tougher cargos for trudging through the snow. You know, I was worried about this Chicago weather coming from a warmer climate, but it's really not that bad. Perhaps it's just in my blood but I've found it rather refreshing to walk through the streets with the cold wind blowing in your face. I felt rather a sense of accomplishment being able to take it, though my friends who still live here don't see that as any reason to feel accomplished.
That's what I love about Chicago. Chicagoans deal with the freezing winter and come out in the Spring with so much more joy and appreciation for the warmth. I mean, it's supposed to be near 50 by Friday and I'm sure people will be thrilled! It will be a good way to go out before I head back.
**Meanwhile, I have to tell you that yes, that is a wild boar skin in the background. My dad received it as a gift from my grandfather. I remember when we were younger, we would scheme to sell if off on ebay but it's grown on me, and has rather given our basement a lodge-like feel. So here's to pretending I'm somewhere mountainous and exotic. Sorry, Peta!


Cool top! I need a white over-sized top. It's on my shopping list. :)
ReplyDeletei love that shirt! so cute :)
ReplyDeletehttp://escapetotoyland.blogspot.com/
i love the necklace! that's cool:)
ReplyDeletehttp://gossamerysh.blogspot.com/
Sorry PETA, I love that your family has that and it creates a great backdrop to your picture. I am thinking it would make a cute hat and some muffs, let me know if you sell it on ebay!lol
ReplyDeleteHahaha Lynn.... After years of begging to get rid of it I think we've made our peace. you cannot give away a family gift of such caliber hahah :)
ReplyDeleteLovely pics!
ReplyDelete