Monday, January 31, 2011

The White Party Dress

whitepartydress
{american apparel maxi skirt (worn as dress), vintage belt, tommy hilfiger booties}

A couple weekends ago, my friend invited me out to a white themed birthday party and of course, I was stuck with a wardrobe dilemma; I don't own anything white! After scouring every store on the promenade and being sadly disappointed I went with my backup plan and ended up purchasing this maxi-skirt from american apparel and styled it as a dress. I figured that this way, at least I wasn't spending money on something I'd only wear once and I am looking forward to styling it come spring/summer.

Again, Sean and I took these photos in his studio the day after the party, so it's not the exact same look. I had worn my hair curly and a bit voluminous, channeling my inner 70's pageant queen, if you can imagine. It seemed to work with the vintage red belt and the booties.

**Photos by Sean McNamee

11 comments:

  1. you're always so inventive! I'm impressed...love seeing the skirt as a dress look! you pull it off so well :) have a great Monday! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  2. the skirt looks perfect as a dress!!!
    you look beautiful!
    have a wonderful week love!
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfit! You have such great style!

    visit http://runningonhappiness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. Skirt works perfect and I love your shoes.

    I recently bought little lace up heels(featured in todays blog post) and your blog has great ideas on how to work these.

    x
    Michelle
    www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. looove that dress!!!xxx

    www.zscloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've used this trick with long skirts before... it works so well :)
    www.thewardrobediaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These turned out so great for our first time out... Maybe I should come to Santa Monica the next time and we can hit the pier for some of your spring and summer styles!??

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorite summer "dresses" is a navy blue skirt with a red swirl pattern that I wear with a chunky brown belt. The funny thing is that worn as a skirt, it's hideous, but it makes a stellar dress!
    I'm Naomi, by the way, a new follower. Love your blog!

    hippo-birdies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous dress I love it!





    www.shevahh.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look fab! What a great way to improvise. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your thoughts. :)