Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Office Staples

1.11.11

1.11.11_side

1.11.11_scarf
{madewell romper, necessary objects blazer, antique italian necklace (mom's), f21 tights,
matisse boots, scarf from my mom, coach bangle watch, ring from venezia (gift from the bf),

I continue on my neutral tones with texture binge with this outfit and it's been rather a lifesaving mixture. When in doubt, just throw together a few staple neutrals in your closet (try to go beyond black) and add in different textures. I've worn the romper before for Thanksgiving here, but I changed up the palette a bit and I quite like it. A simple staple office look; appropriate yet, young and quirky.

I also realize now that I wore a lot of Italian things in my look today and things that belonged to my mom. She worked in Italy in her 20's and the necklace she received as a gift. The scarf says made in Italy on the tag, and it's also a recent purchase of my mom's that she gave me, and the blazer, too! How stylish is my mom? I miss her. Shout out to our moms! Random but always necessary to remember.

And finally, the lovely Chelsea of Tea Talk featured me in an interview on her blog today, so special thanks to Chelsea and stop by her blog to check it out!

12 comments:

  1. I really like your blazer and the color of your romper. Seems like a perfect combination.

    Just Better Together is having a $25 gift certificate giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your outfit!
    moms do have the best stuffs.XD

    Buy WoW DeathKnight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute. I love the color combinations! I would never think to put that grey with green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look soo lovely! I'm in love with your romper!

    Thank you for the shout-out, and for doing the interview! :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blog.
    Very good ♥

    what do you think about Following each other?

    Van kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg! this post has made me miss the summer days of wearing rompers and inspired me to wear them in the winter all at the same time! love it! you look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving that romper and the last photo is my favorite!

    and yes, shout out to the moms - i wear stuff from my moms closet all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute outfit! love the scarf!

    xoxo
    Stella
    http://www.jadore-fashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your green silky jumper! That's amazzzing! I love how you winterized it with the jacket, scarf and tights! Amazzzing styling!!! JUST GORGEOUS!
    Big Kisses,
    xoxo Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That romper is sooo fab..the color is perfect! And that 90's coach bag is totally fierce..the shape of it is amazzzzing! Happy FRIDAY babe!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this look. The green and gray are so fresh!

    Its my first time on your blog. Very nice! Keep it up girl ;)

    xo

    natasha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your thoughts. :)