{paul and joe for target dress, thrifted pierre hardy scarf (seen here) worn as belt, american apparel tights, booties from madrid, coach bangle watch, coach bucket bag circa 1990 via store b vintage, antique italian glass bead necklace}
I wore this outfit to work today and threw it together very spur of the moment. I found this dress while digging through my closet during my holiday at home. I had bought it years ago when Target first started doing their designer collaborations and this was from the Paul and Joe line. To add some spice, or dimension to the kimono-inspired dress in came the grey tights and then the scarf I tied as a belt. Plus, I'm continuing on my glass bead kick. I wanted to keep the focus on the silhouette of the dress but I also felt like the dress could easily swallow me up so the accessories were key for tucking in and grounding the look. I don't have many black pieces and I found it almost harder to style the black because I felt like I had to put in a lot of interest with accessories. When you wear black do you like to keep it simple or do you have the same notion as me, to rather, jazz it up? I suppose that can be very different for everyone but I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Also, notice the new bag? It's my special treat from Store B Vintage! I spotted it and couldn't put it down. It's a coach bag from 1990 and I love how soft and supple the leather is and that it resembles, sort of, an elephant foot in texture. I'm telling you, check the place out!
{1990's coach bag via store b vintage, chicago}


Love your dress xx
ReplyDelete