austin's sunnies, gifted necklace via my aunt,
gifted vintage bracelet via my aussie
Yesterday I woke up at 8:30 when I was supposed to be out the door by 8:40. Major alarm clock fail.
I absolutely hate when this happens and I'm sure I'm not the only one so you all feel me here. So what do you do in that 10-15 minute time span before you have to leave? You can't worry about a decent outfit, but your job probably still expects you to look presentable. This is where the sweater dress comes in. The full-proof, one-step outfit savior. No mixing and matching, no need to accessorize*. It stands on it's own. Just throw on a pair of boots, tousle the hair, and get out the door.
*I managed to grab some accessories on my way out! I couldn't help it.
I doubled up on the sweaters today. I think I woke up not only late, but on the crankier side of the bed so the extra sweater was kind of like a security blanket to face my day while keeping me cozy and comfortable. It's also always a dead giveaway when I'm running late for something when I'm sporting my Mary-Kate hair. Today as a case in point. I think it's also funny that the pictures came out really overexposed. They seem to match the tone of my day, plus they hide my not made up face. Win, win.
What's your go-to running late look? Share your tips!


First off, a cardigan as a security blanket could not be more true! And I just discovered Francesca's not too long ago. It's kind of hidden in on of the biggest malls we have here but I'm becoming a fan. I love their accessories.
ReplyDeleteSomehow, whenever I'm running late, I seem to get more fixated than ever on the details. I'll decide THAT'S when I want to braid my hair (because braids are easy, right?) but then it never comes out and I can't bear to wear it down...ugh. I hate late mornings...Anyway, you look fabulous here. Just stumbled upon your blog, very nice :)
ReplyDeletexo
Hey! Nice dress girl!!
ReplyDeleteHope to see u in my blog! =)
ME,
gina - i love francesca's! their stuff is really cute and affordable.
ReplyDeletejulia - you know, i for sure have tried braids on those running late days. i always think a braid will spruce up the hair but then never comes out, and you just end up frustrated and having wasted your precious time. :)
hair up in a bun (while its wet so it stays all day) + dress + boots + jean jacket (my comfort blanket) = running out the door in 17 minutes or less. you can pull the "i woke up late" look off better than i do.
ReplyDelete