Tuesday, October 26, 2010

can't be afraid to stop traffic

DSC_0775 copy
a.e. faux fur vest, thrifted blouse, j brand cargos, bcbg bag,
tommy hilfiger booties, gifted bangles, erica anenberg two-finger ring

DSC_0713 copy

DSC_0746 copy

I realized at work this morning that maybe my outfit was a little too loud. The tiger printed blouse and the faux fur vest seemed to work together when I put it on this morning, but suddenly I questioned my judgement. Then I thought about something I heard; when it comes to fashion, you can't be afraid to stop traffic. Lori Goldstein said this in the behind the scenes video that The Glamourai posted and it really stuck with me. It also put me in check. I shouldn't worry about being too loud or over the top, I should walk loud and proud to my very own drummer. There is a reason my instincts told me to wear this. So to you I say, be fearless in your dressing, my friends. Dare to be bold.

This fabulous blouse is another thrifted score. It's 100% silk! It's a bit oversized, but I like my tops a little like that. I just couldn't pull myself away from the print. Meanwhile, I've officially fallen in love with the thrift store where I purchased it. It's also where I purchased that Prada Blouse. To think it's only 3 blocks away!

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE your two finger ring!

    You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much, chelsea!

    the ring was a total impulse purchase but i get so many compliments on it. I'm glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the print on that blouse is gorgeous. LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dont think your outfit is too loud!! & i bet you stopped a lot of traffic esp with that vest :)



    stop by sometime<3
    http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always look great! Loving the blog... you've got me reading on the daily :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog....super cute outfit!!!

    Have a great weekend!!



    Stop By and Say Hello♥
    Statements in Fashion Blog♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks so much, ladies! I'm glad people are coming to check the blog out and enjoying their visit! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your thoughts. :)