Sunday, October 31, 2010

All Hallow's Eve - The Gypsy Costume

DSC_0951 copy

DSC_0964 copy

Surprisingly enough, I'm not one for halloween. You'd think my dramatic fashionista nature would have me loving the holiday, but every year it just seems to stress me out. What am I going to do? What am I going to wear? I get overwhelmed and end up having to do everything last minute, usually without much thought or creative vision.

This year was the first year that I was actually really excited to put my costume together and head out for halloween. A gypsy seemed like the most intriguing costume so I went for it. I had a lot of fun thrifting to get all the pieces. At last night's Halloween party someone said to me, "Do you wear this on a regular basis, because you look really natural." I couldn't help but laugh. I guess I do feel a little gypsy on the inside. The name i wander, i wonder originally came along from my love of travel. I like to wander foreign territories and find interesting things in them. Gypsys were always traveling, wandering, moving from place to place looking for new opportunities. Not very different from my own endeavors. So perhaps I am a natural gypsy, but I only look it this one night per year.

What was your disguise de jour?

3 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    you have a very cool looking blog, and I just wanted to leave you a comment. So anyway, I just wanted to see if you would visit my blog. And if you follow me, I will follow you... :)

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVEEEEE all the jewelry!!!
    Cool style and blog : ]
    I'll be following!

    Visit me! www.TheUrbanFlamingo.blogspot.com


    <3KM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your thoughts. :)