I've been a little under the weather the past couple of days. Perhaps it's the change in weather or just the fact that it's flu season but I haven't been feeling up to snuff. Thus, the lack of outfit posts. Instead I decided to start a new little feature for the blog. The Color Club. I'd love to possibly get other bloggers or readers involved, too. Would anyone be interested in contributing? Let me know. (Shoot me an e-mail!)
Since moving out to LA, I've had to be a little bit more thrifty and I really stopped shopping for a little while. To get my shopping fix though, I swapped spending on clothes and accessories for nail polish. Every once in a while, when the mood drove me to shopping, I'd go to the local store and scoop up a color, slowly acquiring my own little color club. With the seasons changing, I'm itching to add a couple new staple colors to the club and these are the shades I'm going after right now.
Playa Del Platinum is from Essie's last Resort Collection and it's a color that's definitely grown on me. I got to try it when I swapped it with one of my friends and I didn't really love it the first go-round. I'm actually wearing it as I type and I like it a lot as a fall neutral. Gray as the new nude. It's more like a putty cement to me rather than a platinum playa, but I'm not the one calling the shots. To add a different shade, I had been looking for a slate gray polish every since I saw RGB's Slate. RGB polishes are really good quality and that's why they're worth the price but I wanted to try and find something cheaper and I stumbled upon Sinful Color's Secret Admirer at Walgreen's for just $1.99! The color's really cool but the sad reality is that the formula is a chipper. It barely lasts a day! Well you know what they say, you get what you pay for. I may invest in the RGB soon but for now, this one does the trick.
Essie's Sew Psyched didn't look interesting to me in the magazine ad, but once I saw it in stores and tried it on, I really liked the shade. It's a light smoky gray-green in a cream consistency. If you're looking for more of a shimmer I really like Sephora's Leaf Him At The Altar. I'm going to be honest, I hate the picture of this color. I don't think it sells it well at all. The color is not as bright as the photo dictates. There is a lot more silver shimmer to it then what appears and that silver shimmer does a lot to neautralize the color, which makes it so much prettier. Another stunning green comes from the newest collection from Rescue Beauty Lounge. This collection is getting a lot of hype. Anne, named after Anne Boleyn is probably the coolest color in the set. I saw the collection reviewed on the fabulous blog, Vampy Varnish and then it also popped up on Who What Wear. It's a beautiful olive green with gold and purple shimmer and I'm just trying to justify it's $18 price. Anyone wanna go halvsies?
Every since Deborah Lippman's Superstar popped up on my radar, I've been looking at some bronze metallic nail options. (I mean just look at it, it screams glamour). When I saw OPI's Rising Star, I loved it and bought it immediately. I'm not sure that it worked for my skin tone, but the color is really beautiful. Perhaps some of you could pull it off better. I've also been looking for a darker tone and when I saw Misa's When You Say My Name, I fell in love. It's a chocolate color with gold and broze metallic shimmer. Hello, Gorgeous! Again, the picture does not do it justice so check out Vampy Varnish for a Swatch Preview.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for stopping by. Please share your thoughts. :)